Fast, easy-to-make and delicious appetizer for any occasion!
- 25 medium mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat stick margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4-ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese (Mozzarella)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 pieces of toasted bread, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons of garlic pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Remove and finely chop mushroom stems. Melt 2 tbs of margarine and brush mushroom cap tops inside and out. Melt the remaining margarine in saucepan. Add chopped mushroom stems, onion and garlic - sauté until tender. Stir in cream cheese, grated cheese, parsley and bread crumbs and pesto sauce. Mix thoroughly. Lay out the mushrooms on a baking sheet. Spoon about 1 tbs of stuffing mixture into each mushroom cap. Sprinkle paprika for added color. Bake approximately 20-25 minutes until heated through. Serve warm.